- BA, University of Guelph, Canada
- LLB (Hons), University of Waikato
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 2013
Daphne is a solicitor in Holland Beckett’s commercial team.
Being a Canadian native she completed her undergraduate degree in Canada and gained her law degree at the University of Waikato.
Daphne has previously worked for reputable Hamilton firms gaining experience across general commercial and property matters. Most recently, Daphne worked for an intellectual property law firm advising clients on commercial matters with an intangible asset focus. She developed skills in business structuring in relation to intellectual property assets, licence agreements, assignments of intellectual property rights and trade mark registrations.
Daphne is able to advise on a range of commercial matters including:
- commercial contracts;
- commercial leases;
- the sale and purchase of businesses – assets and shares;
- assignment of intellectual property rights;
- intellectual property licencing;
- refinancing arrangements;
- personal property and securities register queries;
- shareholders agreements; and
- general company advice.
Outside of work Daphne enjoys being in the outdoors as much as possible either surfing, running or going on hikes.