Community is one of our core values at Holland Beckett Law whether that be the broader regional community, the local community or the sense of community we share with our colleagues. We are totally committed, not just as a firm, but as individuals to doing all we can to make the Bay of Plenty a community that is healthy, active and vibrant.
This value is exemplified by partner Bill Holland who in 2012 was made a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM) "for services to the community".
Holland Beckett is also proud of the community support it has received over the firm’s 80 years in business and is equally proud to be an active participant in the local community. This is shown by the large number of both local and national charities, honorary solicitor positions and other community organisations supported by the firm either through membership by staff or through fundraising and sponsorship. This includes:
- Voluntary and pro-bono work - we actively assist more than 30 Trusts and organisations with legal services on a pro-bono basis.
- Community organisations - as lawyers, we bring special business and professional skills and experience to community organisations. Our lawyers are honorary solicitors for many local and national charitable / not for profit organisations and our staff serve on numerous community organisations. Committing time, energy and resources, our staff often become leaders of these organisations.
- Industry participation - at an industry level, Holland Beckett supports the Chambers of Commerce in Tauranga, Rotorua and Whakatāne, and our staff are active members of a range of professional and business support associations. The firm is also a founding sponsor of Priority One and Bill Holland was the longest serving member on the Board.
- Sponsorship and charity fundraising – in addition, the firm provides financial support by way of sponsorship to a variety of sporting and cultural teams, individuals and to many community groups, and our staff also actively raise funds for charity organisations.
Listed below are just a few of the organisations that we are involved with in the above capacities:
- Acorn Foundation
- Bay of Plenty Cricket
- Bay of Plenty Steamers (Jersey No.7!)
- Bay of Plenty Union Judiciary Committee
- Baywide Community Law Centre
- BOP Clinical School Sponsorship
- Breast Cancer Support Services Tauranga Trust
- Community Foundations of New Zealand
- Edgecumbe Flood appeal
- Legacy Trust
- LINKT Employee of the Year Award
- New Zealand Golf
- NZ Aria Trust
- Opotiki Show Jumping
- Otumoetai Football Club
- Otumoetai Swimming Club
- Outward Bound Trust of New Zealand
- Priority One
- Pukehinahina Charitable Trust
- Rotorua Business Awards
- Tauranga Arts Festival
- Tauranga Boys College Old Boys Association
- Tauranga Foodbank
- Tauranga Hockey
- Tauranga Lawn Tennis Club
- Tauranga Repertory Society Incorporated
- Tauranga Sport Fishing Club
- Tourism Bay of Plenty
- Treasured Art Auction
- Waipuna Hospice Incorporated
- YMCA (Tauranga)