Fegusson Park Clean-Up with ASB
A bunch of keen Hobec people volunteered to do a clean-up of Fergusson Park with ASB Bank.
Key highlights were:
- Finding a high proportion of rubbish was bagged dog poo;
- Vanessa’s find of used toilet paper (despite the public toilet nearby);
- Hayley from ASB finding an ANZAC cross; and
- Finding multiple items of drug paraphernalia – most collected by Simon.
- Matt Searles trophy rubbish find was a road sign in the bush.
The group collected 10 buckets of rubbish, which was a great effort!
It was good to catch up with the ASB team and meet the locals (many of whom thanked us for our work) and friendly/hungry dogs along the way.
Sian Candish ASB Branch Manager sent through some lovely feedback…
Thanks to all that could attend yesterday.
Team HOBEC thank you for joining us –look forward to more sustainable networking events to come in the future.
It was a really great way to spend an enjoyable afternoon (bar the wind).
While not trailer loads of rubbish it still all counts and anything removed is a positive for our community.