- LLB, University of Auckland
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 1976
- Notary Public
- Graduate (2013) International Fellows Program at City University of New York
Bill Holland is a partner at Holland Beckett Law, specialising in trust law and in commercial and property transactions.
The firm was founded by his late father, Bill Holland Snr.
Bill was born, raised and educated in Tauranga. While completing his University qualifications he worked for a large Auckland law firm for two years before returning to Tauranga.
With the benefit of his wide knowledge of Tauranga, its people and its business world, Bill acts as legal advisor to a large number of Tauranga’s leading business people and for a number of community organisations.
Bill has received a number of awards over the years for his services to the community, including being made a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM) in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2012.
In 2012 he was elected to the Board of Trustees of Tauranga Energy Consumer Trust (TECT) and has served as Chair since 2014. He also serves on a number of national and local Charitable Trusts, voluntary boards, and advisory committees.
- TECT - Chairperson
- Community Foundations of New Zealand Inc - Board member
- Legacy Trust - Trustee
- Bill also serves as a trustee or board member of a number of trusts, organisations and advisory groups.