- LLB University of Waikato 2011
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand in 2012
Emma Miles is an Associate at Holland Beckett Law working in the litigation team, where she takes a pragmatic approach to resolving disputes.
Emma joined Holland Beckett Law in July 2016 and is based in our Rotorua office, but regularly travels to our offices in Opotiki and Whakatane.
Emma emigrated to NZ from the UK in 2000. She has had over 20 years' experience of owning and running businesses, which has given her a natural understanding of the area of employment law. Immediately prior to joining Holland Beckett, Emma worked in a Waikato law firm where she advised farming clients in the areas of employment law and relationship property. Prior to this, she worked for a union advising members on restructures and negotiating collective agreements. Emma is experienced in the areas of employment law, relationship property, elder law, family disputes, care of children, protection orders, and civil litigation. Previous study of a BSc in Psychology means that Emma is able to deal with the most sensitive family/relationship issues with understanding and professionalism.
Emma regularly organises and presents seminars for Holland Beckett, including in the area of methamphetamine use and contamination, working alongside specialised testing companies and local police. She has also presented numerous seminars on employment law, health and safety, relationship property, and asset protection; and has written several articles in these areas.
- Branch Council Member of the NZLS (Waikato/BOP)
- Convenor of the NZLS (Waikato/BOP) Women in Law Association
- Committee Member of ALGA’s special interest group MIDAG (Methamphetamine and Other Illicit Drugs Advisory Group)
- Member of NZ Animal Law Association
- Member of the NZLS Family Law Section
- Member of HRINZ
- Member of Federated Farmers
- Volunteer at Rotorua Citizens Advice Bureau