- LLB, Waikato University 1995
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 1995
John Mackay is a down-to-earth and straightforward lawyer.
He has the ability to translate complicated legal language into plain English so his clients can clearly understand what is happening. This approach is what draws a wide range of clients with an ever wider variety of legal requirements.
He has been described as "timely, knowledgeable and practical" and "one of the best" by clients. He looks after both individuals and businesses.
While John specialises in company, commercial and property law, he enjoys a life long association with the road transport industry. That connection continues through legal advice to a number of transport businesses, including:
- TR Group Limited, New Zealand's market leader in trucking solutions;
- Orion Haulage Limited and Actus Transport (NZ) Limited, together operating New Zealand’s largest fleet of auger trucks delivering stock and chicken feed to farm;
- Bulk Lines Limited, operating a large modern fleet of bulk tipper units based in Tauranga;
- Seymours Transport Services Limited, a log cartage contractor based in Opotiki.