Katherine is a senior solicitor in Holland Beckett Law’s family law team.
She joined the Holland Beckett Law team in 2016 and specialises in all areas of family law. Katherine has extensive experience in dealing with:
- Post-separation relationship property disputes, including negotiating, drafting and advising on Relationship Property Agreements, and acting in Court proceedings
- Contracting Out Agreements (“prenups”)
- Care of children and guardianship issues
- Family violence matters including applying for and defending protection orders
- Proceedings under the Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act 1988 regarding incapacitated persons
- Estate claims
- Dissolutions of marriage (“divorce”)
Katherine is passionate about achieving practical solutions for her clients, including through out-of-court dispute resolution methods where possible. She is an experienced Court lawyer, regularly appearing in the Family Court and also acting on appeals to the High Court.
- LLB(Hons), BA University of Auckland 2016
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 2016
- Volunteer field team member for Tauranga Land Search and Rescue since 2009, regularly taking part in searches for lost and injured members of the public
- Committee member, Waikato Bay of Plenty Women in Law Association
- Volunteer with Baywide Community Law Centre