- LLB (First Class Hons) Victoria University of Wellington 2015
- BA Victoria University of Wellington 2015
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 2016
Laura is a solicitor in Holland Beckett Law’s environmental law and resource management team.
Laura joined Holland Beckett Law in 2020 after returning from three years in London, working for the London Borough of Camden in their in house legal team specialising in planning. Laura grew up in Tauranga, attending Otumoetai College before studying in Wellington. She is delighted to be practising law in the Bay of Plenty.
Laura advises clients in relation to all resource management matters, across a range of industry sectors.
Laura’s experience includes acting on the following projects:
- appeals on the Marlborough Environmental Plan on behalf of Trustpower Limited
- applications for Customary Marine Title under the Marine and Coastal (Takutai Moana) Act 2011 on behalf of a number of interested parties
- an application for private plan change in Te Awamutu by Sanderson Group Limited and Kotare Properties Limited
- Laura is a young professional director of Priority One and a committee member of the Bay of Plenty Resource Management Law Association.
- Laura is also a mentor for Project K which is run by the Graham Dingle Charitable Trust. She has previously volunteered with the Cambodian Charitable Trust and the Child Cancer Foundation.