- LLB, Canterbury University 2000
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 2001
Luke specialises in property, rural, business and asset planning law.
He joined Holland Beckett Law in 2006 and was appointed a Partner in 2014. Luke manages an experienced team across the Tauranga, Whakatane and Opotiki offices.
Luke's experience includes the following:
- Residential and commercial conveyancing and structuring advice for private individuals and developers.
- Negotiating large forestry, dairy and kiwifruit transactions for Maori trusts, private clients and corporate farming entities.
- Acting for Foodstuffs Members in the purchase and sale of Pak n Save, Gilmours and Four Square stores throughout the country.
- Advising high net worth individuals and medium size business owners on trust, leasing, farm sales, estates, shareholder agreements and restructuring matters.
- Acting for property developers on commercial and property matters including multiple lot subdivisions.
Prior to joining Holland Beckett Law, Luke worked for:
- Department of Trade and Industry in London.
- Langley Twigg in Napier in the commercial/property and employment teams.
- Honorary solicitor for the Tauranga Chamber of Commerce, Eastern Bay Community Foundation, and Bay of Plenty Deerstalkers Association.
- Solicitor acting for Legacy Funeral Homes, AIMS Games, Sport Bay of Plenty, Tourism Bay of Plenty, EPIC Whakatane, Tauranga Maritime Trust.
- Previous board member and president of Tauranga Chamber of Commerce.
- Previous board member Pillans Point Primary School.
- Luke competed in the Coast to Coast in 2021.