- ATCL Diploma
- LLB (Hons), Canterbury University
- Bachelor of Arts, Canterbury University
- Admitted to the bar in New Zealand in 2012
Monique was raised in Tauranga before attending the University of Canterbury to complete her tertiary qualifications.
Monique worked in commercial litigation before joining the commercial team at Holland Beckett and now specialises in corporate transactions.
Monique's work experience includes:
- Assisting Port of Tauranga Limited with the establishment of Coda Group LP and subsidiaries as part of the joint venture between Port of Tauranga and Fonterra owned Kotahi LP, including the transfer of assets to the joint venture;
- Acting for a winery during the reorganisation of its shareholding and investments including the transfers of company shareholdings and limited partnership interests, establishment of a partnership to hold investment properties, liquidation of irrelevant companies, and associated rearranging of security arrangements;
- Acting on the staged sale of a horticultural business to Eurofins Scientific, a world-wide leader in the food testing industry;
- Completing the restructure of a local fertiliser business including advising on the establishment of various subsidiaries to protect new business ventures, the internal transfer of assets, transfer of intellectual property and redocumentation of all banking facilities;
- Incorporation of companies and limited partnerships including preparation of foundation documents such as shareholder agreements, limited partnership agreements and company constitutions;
- Reviewing and advising on franchising and licensing arrangements;
- Reviewing and advising on various aspects of commercial leases; and
- Acting for both vendors and purchasers on a wide range of business ventures including providing general commercial advice, drafting sale and purchase agreements, assisting with due diligence and financial and security arrangements.
Monique has previously volunteered at both the Christchurch and Mangere, Auckland Community Law Centres and looks forward to continuing to be able to use her legal skills to assist and contribute in the Tauranga community.