- Bachelor of Laws with Honours (LLB), University of Mauritius 2016
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Overall Academic Excellence Award and “top” student in Land Law), University of Waikato 2020
- Master of Laws (LLM) with distinction, University of Otago 2022
- Admitted to the Bar of New Zealand 2023
Pooja is a solicitor in the commercial and property team at Holland Beckett Law.
She is originally from Mauritius. Following successful completion of her LLB degree and Graduate Diploma in Law, she was awarded a prestigious scholarship to pursue a Master of Laws degree at the University of Otago. Her main research focus at post-graduate level has been on the “Regulation of Artificial Intelligence in the Finance Sector”, which is quite of a buzz these days.
Over the years (2016-2022), Pooja had the opportunity to work in legal and compliance roles both in Mauritius and New Zealand with some of the largest investment firms such as Craigs Investment Partners and First Mortgage Trust. She is passionate, charismatic and developing her skills as a lawyer within the property, commercial and finance practice areas.
Outside of work, Pooja loves exercising, travelling and exploring new adventures.
- Tauranga Business Chamber