- LLB, University of the Western Cape, South Africa
- Admitted as Attorney - High Court of South Africa 2005
- Admitted as Conveyancer- High Court of South Africa 2010
Samantha is a Legal Executive in the AML Compliance Team.
Samantha was born in Cape Town, South Africa, where she completed her law degree and became an Admitted Attorney and Conveyancer of the High Court of South Africa. She worked as in- house legal counsel for large organisations such as Absa Bank Limited and MMI International before she and her family immigrated to New Zealand in January 2015.
Samantha gained her AML Compliance experience whilst working for First Mortgage Trust, Tauranga and started working at Holland Beckett in June 2016.
Outside of work, Samantha enjoys spending quality family time with her husband and three daughters.
- Member of HelpTank, an organisation which strengthens communities through supplying skilled volunteers to community groups. HelpTank connects community organisations with professionally-skilled volunteers with expertise in the discipline being requested, for example, business development, law, accounting, marketing, communications and many more. Samantha volunteers her time reviewing documentation, community websites and blogs and doing research.
- Member of Be Collective, an organisation which mobilises all New Zealanders in the spirit of community engagement. They create opportunities that allow everyone to contribute to their community by doing what they can, when they can and delivers a ‘step change’ in value for individuals and groups wanting to contribute to the communities and causes they care about. With Be Collective, Samantha volunteers her time providing online assistance whenever required, whether it be typing up documents, editing articles, researching information, etc.