Tamihana joined Holland Beckett Law in June 2016 and is working as a solicitor in the commercial property team under Simon Collett.
Tamihana is from Ngāti Mākino, Ngāti Raukawa, Ngāti Pikiao, Ngāti Maru and Ngāti Awa.
He went on to obtain a double degree in Laws and Arts from the University of Waikato and was admitted to the Bar in 2014.
During the final years of his studies, Tamihana interned at Contact Energy working with Ngāti Tahu-Ngāti Whaoa. After completing his studies, Tamihana worked at Tainui Group Holdings, the inter-generational investor of Waikato-Tainui. With background experience working alongside iwi-based entities, Tamihana brings a new angle to property and commercial advice.
Outside of the office Tamihana is a premier club rugby player, enjoys exercising and spending time with his whanau. Tamihana and his wife Atapo have two children, Tāwera and Māhina.
- LLB, BA University of Waikato 2014
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 2014
- Te Hunga Roia Māori o Aotearoa (NZ Maori Lawyers Association)
- Te Whakahiapo (Maori Law Student Association, Waikato University)
- Te Piringa (Faculty of Law – Waikato University)