Trusts & Asset Protection & Estate Planning
Holland Beckett Law provides a comprehensive asset protection and estate planning service for clients.
Both businesses and individuals can find their assets threatened by unexpected changes in circumstances. These changes can cause complex legal issues which could be avoided or minimised through proper asset structuring (for example, the use of family trusts and contracting out agreements/pre-nuptial agreements).
It is also important to consider what happens if you become seriously ill or pass away. If this happens to you and you have not planned properly for the future, decisions about your affairs will be made by someone else - and those decisions may not reflect your wishes.
Holland Beckett Law's Estate Planning team will help you plan for the future and give you the peace of mind you are looking for.
We advise on:
- Wills (including international Wills)
- Living Wills (specifying medical treatments you would/would not like in the event you cannot communicate)
- Family Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Advice to trustees
- Resettlement of assets into Trust structures
- Independent trustee services
- Forgiveness of debt and gifting programmes
- Powers of Attorney
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Relationship Property
- Contracting Out Agreement/Pre-nuptial Agreements
- Relationship Property Agreements/Separation Agreements
- Applying for Property and Personal Care Orders for someone who has lost capacity
- Retirement Villages and Rest Homes
- Residential Care Subsidy Applications
- Maximisation of government subsidies and other benefits
If you require practical advice on asset planning, then talk to us today.