Megan is a solicitor in Holland Beckett Law’s environment and resource management team.
Megan joined Holland Beckett Law in 2018. She left mid-2020 to complete her Bachelor of Science, and has focussed her studies on terrestrial, freshwater and marine ecology. Megan works in all areas of environment and resource management law and her experience includes acting on the following projects:
- Appeals on the West Coast Regional Policy Statement, Ōpōtiki District Plan, Bay of Plenty Regional Plan Change 9 (Water Quantity), Bay of Plenty Regional Plan Change 13 (Air Quality), and Bay of Plenty Regional Coastal Environment Plan.
- Resource consent application for the Te Puke Wastewater Treatment Plant on behalf of Western Bay of Plenty District Council.
- Applications for customary marine title and protected customary rights under the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Act 2011 on behalf of multiple interested parties.
She also has experience in local government work, including reviewing and submitting on long term plans throughout New Zealand, providing advice on public works, and providing advice to local authorities on rating legislation and infringement regimes.
Megan is based in Otago. Please contact her by email on email@example.com or call 022 059 4358. As Megan does not work full time, to contact her assistant, Karen Wilson, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 578 2199.
- LLB (First Class Hons), University of Otago 2017
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 2018
- Policy Advisor at Our Seas Our Future
- Resource Management Law Association member