• LLB University of Otago 2011
• Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 2012
• Admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria 2012
• Admitted to the High Court of Australia 2014
Rachel is an Associate in our Litigation team.
Rachel has a wide range of experience in general litigation and relationship disputes, and advises her clients on all aspects of civil litigation and family law matters. Her wide experience as a general litigator means she is well equipped to assist clients with complex matters, whether that be in court or via alternative dispute resolution. She also holds an additional interest in animal and equine law.
After completing her studies in New Zealand, Rachel began her legal career in Melbourne where she enjoyed both in-house and private practice roles as a litigator. Throughout her Australian career she appeared regularly in both State and Federal Courts. She returned to New Zealand and joined Holland Beckett Law in 2018, where she appears in the District Court, Family Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.
Rachel grew up in Cambridge, where she developed a passion for animals, particularly horses. Outside of work, she enjoys walking her two dogs and spending time with friends and family.
- Previous board member of local not-for-profit organisation in Melbourne
- Volunteer with Baywide Community Law Centre