- LLB, BA (History), Victoria University
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 1998
Simon Collett is a partner specialising in the commercial property space with an emphasis on industrial, retail and office development, construction, acquisition and leasing.
He has an acute understanding of the commercial property market in the Bay of Plenty and what it takes to be a successful, effective landlord.
Simon also advises on:
- residential and retirement developments (free hold and unit title);
- Public Works Act acquisitions;
- a range of commercial matters such as on-wharf logistics, supply and service contracts;
- ownership structures including limited partnerships and joint ventures;
- lending and securitisation.
After completing University, Simon commenced practice in Auckland at Cairns Slane. He joined Holland Beckett in 1999 and has been a partner since 2006.
Simon acts for the largest mortgage trust in New Zealand, a number of post Treaty settlement entities and some of the biggest commercial property owners in the Bay of Plenty.
- The Bay of Plenty Cricket Association Incorporated (Board Member)
- Rotorua Continuing Care Trust (Whare Aroha) (Trustee)
- Rotorua Chamber of Commerce (Board Member)
- Tauranga Moana Museum Trust (Trustee)
- Pukehinahina Charitable Trust - Chair (This trust is charged with organising the 150th year commemoration to remember the Battle of Gate Pa)
- YMCA's National Board (previous board member)
- YMCA Tauranga (previous board member for 11 years)
- Acts for: Order of St John Central Region, Outward Bound