David is a Partner of Holland Beckett’s litigation team.
He has extensive trial experience and regularly appears in Court as well as assisting clients with alternative dispute resolution. David has particular expertise in commercial litigation involving directors duties, shareholder disputes, negligence claims and trust litigation. He also has an additional interest in sports law and has acted for a number of high profile athletes.
David grew up in Tauranga. He began his career at another regional practice before re-locating to London, where he worked for large commercial firms followed by four years acting for a major international bank. He is dual qualified in England and New Zealand.
- LLB BCom Otago University 2003
- Admitted to the Bar of New Zealand 2004
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales 2010
- Board member of Merivale Community Inc;
- Sports Tribunal Legal Assistance Panel;
- Committee member of the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Standards Committee;
- Volunteer at Baywide, the Tauranga Community Law Centre;
- A Judiciary member for the Upper Central Zone Rugby League Association; and A provider of pro-bono legal services for community organisations, including local sports clubs and a charitable health organisation.